About Us

My photo
Dunwoody, GA, United States
John is a Clinical Psychologist in private practice. Kay is retired after working 34 years for the State of Georgia. We both love to travel and have a long list of places we want to see. We have 3 wonderful children (a daughter, son-in-law, and son) and 1 precious grandchild. Our family is going to be growing soon. Our son is getting married in May to a sweet young lady that has a 2 year old daughter. So we will have 4 wonderful children and 2 precious grandchildren!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with my family at our house on Thursday. The only thing missing was my son David, who had to work and his girlfriend Summer and her daughter Kennedy. It was the first Thanksgiving without David, but with his job as a firefighter, that will probably happen more often now. There were, however, some sad undertones to our family gathering. One of my aunts and a cousin's husband passed away on Tuesday. I can't imagine how sad it would be to lose you mother and husband an hour apart from each other. Attending two funerals in two days ranks up there with one of the saddest things I have ever had to do. I went up to Charlotte, NC with 4 of my cousins and an aunt. While it was a sad occasion, we all had some good bonding with the NC cousins and their families which we had not seen in many years.
Judy, Debbie, Donna (the 2 cousins who lost their mom - Donna also lost her husband), Kay, Cathy, and Sandra


I had planned on putting my Christmas tree up this past weekend, but that did not happen. Hopefully I'll get to it this coming week.

We will celebrate John's 60th birthday on Saturday. I love him so much! He is such a good person and so supportive of everything I am interested in. We'll do something special to celebrate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dr. Petzelt! I was trying to find an email for you on google and found this page. Just looking at this beautiful blog with you and your wife and that precious baby has made me happy and put a huge smile on my face. I think of you and your wisdom on a daily basis. Just wanted you to know what an impact you had on my life, and I thank you for saving me from myself so many times. God bless you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and that y'all have a blessed Christmas! God bless you always and forever! Gail