About Us

My photo
Dunwoody, GA, United States
John is a Clinical Psychologist in private practice. Kay is retired after working 34 years for the State of Georgia. We both love to travel and have a long list of places we want to see. We have 3 wonderful children (a daughter, son-in-law, and son) and 1 precious grandchild. Our family is going to be growing soon. Our son is getting married in May to a sweet young lady that has a 2 year old daughter. So we will have 4 wonderful children and 2 precious grandchildren!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Eggs and Cookies

Friday, John and I kept Kennedy while David and Summer started moving into their new house.  I told David we were going to dye some eggs for Easter decorations. I didn't want to do hard boiled eggs since it was over a week before Easter so I decided to poke holes in each end of the raw egg and blow them out. David laughed, saying that Kennedy would crush the eggs but I thought if I told her to be gentle with them, they would come out fine. We had 6 eggs and Kennedy chose the colors purple, blue, and pink. We got the water ready but what I thought was the pink dye tablet was really orange. While I had my back turned for just a second, Kennedy reached for one of the eggs. David was right! Kennedy crushed the very first egg she picked up in her tiny little hands! So, we proceeded with the 5 remaining eggs and they made it through without getting cracked.


When the eggs were dry, we decorated them with glitter and stickers.

Later in the afternoon, we baked and decorated some Easter cookies.  Kennedy had more fun eating the icing and sprinkles off of the cookies than she did baking and decorating them!


I think Kennedy had a fun day!



1 comment:

RachaelStep said...

Hi Kay,
Of course I remember you! Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate everything you said. You're right my family is very important to me! I also love to write and many times I find myself just typing away not even knowing what I'm saying! It just all comes out! I saw Jill and your precious grandson at homecoming. I keep up with her over facebook. I'm so glad you're all doing so well! Thank you again for your kind words! Rachael-